We reach out to community groups and individuals, focusing on women's needs, literacy and the environment.
Financial support for a variety of projects is secured through donations, membership dues, biennial garage sale, gifts, and annual sales of holiday wreaths. Time, talent, and financial contributions support the following projects.
Our current projects and networking include:
- The Community Place
- Joining Hearts and Hands
We continue to fundraise to support the wonderful work of Bill and Joanne Cala. Please consider a donation to help build schools in Kenya.
- Rochester Area Children's Writers and Illustrators Bookfest
Our club has purchased laundry detergent supplies for the different church facilities to help out their homeless guests and club members have also bought small laundry containers to send home when families find more permanent shelter.
- Bethany House
- Comfort Caps/The Hat Lady
Gretchen Dent, works tirelessly getting local sewers to create soft comfort caps and other accessories for people recovering from cancer treatment and mastectomies. She also needs cash donations to support buying fabric.
- Catholic Family Center Kinship Care Program
- Rochester Education Foundation
Provides books to as many Rochester city school children as they can reach. Visit their page to see how you can help provide a book to a hungry reader.
- The Dream Factory's Buzz the Red, White and Blue
- Saint's Place
- Jennifer House
- Rochester Roots
- Hickok Brain Center
- Sojourner House
- Women's Coffee Connection is another link we have made through networking with women helping women. Altrusans have purchased their wonderful coffee for themselves and for gifts, helping support women become economically independent as well as supporting farmers growing sustainable crops rather than drugs.
- Maggie Harris with Community Lutheran Church